Walnut, which is among the most useful nuts among the people, contains components that help brain functions work. Walnut, which contains many fibers and vitamins, is among the most preferred and consumed oily nuts with its taste. Walnut, which is included in the oily nut group, contains all the components that help the body to work in a healthy way. When consumed regularly and in sufficient amounts, it helps the immune system to be resistant, the skin to be bright, and the cholesterol to be balanced. So, what kind of changes occur in the body when a handful of walnuts are consumed per day?
What are the benefits of walnuts?
- Walnut, which is a great source of antioxidants thanks to the components it contains, is also rich in vitamin E. As a result of the researches, regular and sufficient consumption of walnuts ensures that the cholesterol level of the person is balanced and is also used in the treatment of bad cholesterol.
- Walnut, which is rich in omega-3, has much richer contents compared to other nuts.
- It has been determined as a result of studies that it plays an effective role in the treatment of diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, Alzheimer’s and cancer.
- Walnut, which helps the intestines to work regularly, helps to heal existing intestinal problems.
- Polyphenols in walnuts; It helps in the treatment of cancers such as breast, prostate and colorectal. At the same time, regular and sufficient consumption of walnuts helps to eliminate the risk of developing cancer.
- Walnut, which is in a very good position in terms of appetite control, prevents the person from taking unnecessary calories by cutting their appetite to a certain extent and prepares the person for the weight loss process in a healthy way.
Eating walnuts helps people with conditions such as high blood pressure and heart disease to decrease these values. At the same time, it has been proven as a result of studies that people with high blood pressure consume walnuts and blood pressure is balanced.
Video: How a Few Walnuts a Day Will Help You Live Longer – Dr. Alan Mandell, DC
Walnut, which helps the brain functions to work regularly, must be consumed in order to operate the brain functions in a healthy and adequate way. Especially for the brain development of children in the growth phase and pregnant mothers for their babies in the mother’s womb, it helps the brain functions to occur in a healthy way.
What are the benefits of walnuts in terms of cholesterol?
Regular and adequate consumption of walnuts helps lower cholesterol. It helps to reduce high cholesterol, which is thought to be a triggering force for many diseases, and to continue a healthy life. Thanks to this feature, regular and sufficient consumption of walnuts helps to regulate the cholesterol level of the person, while helping to reduce the bad cholesterol level.
What are the nutritional values of walnuts?
In 100 grams of walnuts;
- 65 g of oil,
- 2 mg sodium,
- 441 mg of potassium,
- 14 g of carbohydrates,
- 15 grams of protein
- 2.9 mg of iron,
- There are 38 mg of calcium, and it is 654 calories.
- In addition, the oils it contains are; They are A, D, C, B12, B6.
What should be considered when buying walnuts?
There are some important points to consider when purchasing walnuts. Color, odor and taste control should be done at the beginning of these issues. After these three checks are made, it should be checked whether there is any additive in the nuts sold in the package. In order to benefit from all the benefits of walnuts, it is very important to buy the shell and break it fresh at home. Especially when consuming ground walnuts, it is important to powder your walnuts in your own home. Otherwise, it is observed that some tricks are made into the powdered walnuts taken outside. At the same time, it is important that you store the walnut in a cool and dry place while preserving it at home. If you are keeping the cracked walnuts, it is important that you store them in an airtight glass jar. Otherwise, walnuts absorb the smell of the environment and cause a change in taste.